Thursday, August 18, 2011

Food Stamps and Plasma

  Lately we've been struggling financially since I got out of the Navy.  I've applied for VA benefits, joined the DAV, applied for the Post-911 GI Bill, applied for SSI, Disability and unemployment benefits.  The problem is that most of those things take time to process.  I've been going to all my appointments at the VA office.  The unemployment office has been giving me grief.  I haven't been able to get any help from them so far.  I've started donating my plasma regularly, which provides some income.  We've also sold several items on Craigslist.  We plan on having a yard sale.
  Earlier this month, I applied for food stamps, spending hours at DES.  I got approved yesterday and was told that my card was sent in the mail.  The problem is that my benefits have started, but the card hasn't come in the mail yet.  There's something very wrong with the system when we've got money set aside for us, but have no access to it.  Has anyone else been through this out there?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment