Monday, October 7, 2013

Dissociative Amnesia

  I know that I periodically write a blog post about some new condition that I've read about which seems to perfectly describe me.  I've talked about ADD, depression, anxiety, Bi-Polar Disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, Klinefelter's Syndrome, Dissociative Identity Disorder and PTSD.  I'm just always trying to find new ways to attack my problems.
  The other day, a friend of mine who is going to college to study psychology had an article about Dissociative Amnesia.  I was in tears by the end of the article.  It described me very well.  I'll provide for you a link to an article about the disorder, but I don't have the actual article that I read handy.  http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/dissociative_disorders/hic_dissociative_amnesia.aspx
  I emailed the author of the original article because I read that more research needs to be done on male subjects presenting with symptoms.  I briefly described myself to her.  This morning, she emailed me back saying that she just completed a study, but will be conducting another one soon and will definitely contact me when she is ready to start that up.  I believe that participating in this study can be mutually beneficial to us.
  I hope that I can finally get to the bottom of what's been ailing me all these years.  Through all my blog postings, you, my readers have been on a journey with me as I've sought to overcome my past.  This may be the key I've been looking for all my life.  By the way, out of all the above-mentioned afflictions, I've successfully been able to eliminate Klinefelter's Syndrome because the VA tested my testosterone levels and they are well within suitable parameters for a healthy male.

No comments:

Post a Comment