Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Paul's Five Spices

  I have a special spice mix that I make up that I use on everything because it's so good!  I start with a container of Chinese Five Spices.  To this, I add one container each of: paprika, chicken-flavored powder, chili powder and butter-flavored powder.  I use a Tupperware container or old Gatorade bottle to put the mix into.  I sprinkle my mix onto popcorn, into soup, on rice, on salad, etc.  I've tried it on so many things and I'm always thinking of new ways to use it.  The main thing I love to do with it is use it as a dry rub on a Cornish game hen before I pop it in the oven at 325 degrees for an hour and ten minutes.  It's kind of a funny coincidence that I mix five spices.  The Chinese Five Spices is the five of five, if you will.  To musicians, that would be the V/V or dominant of the dominant.  Anyway, I hope some of you will like it too!

No comments:

Post a Comment