Wednesday, February 5, 2014

'Dry Spell' by Travis Legge

  My friend, Travis Legge made a movie called 'Dry Spell' which he allowed me to view on his YouTube channel.  It's soon to be made available to the public and I'm trying to get the word out so that all my fine friends can enjoy it as well.  I'm going to review this without giving away any spoilers.  It is quite witty with clever banter and funny dialog.  It does, however have a serious story to it which is rare these days.  It has an emotional depth to it that I found to be refreshing.  The characters may say funny things, but at the heart of it, this is a story of emotional growth and character development not found in most independently made films.
  I was pleasantly surprised to see a familiar face in one of the scenes.  A friend of mine named, Heather Dorff showed up in a scene that had me literally laughing out loud.  I know that on the internet, people write lol constantly without even a chuckle.  That term has lost all meaning, but when I say it now, I really mean it. I'm still laughing just thinking about it!  You can also catch Heather in 'Truth or Dare' by Jonathan Higgins. Anyway, 'Dry Spell' is hilarious, but don't let that fool you.  There is a real story there.  A good one at that. Here's a link to its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/DrySpellMovie


No comments:

Post a Comment