Thursday, November 25, 2010

Good Friday Killer

  This is a killer who shows up in quite a few of my stories.  He started out as a character in the Nocent series, named Daniel Reese.  Giving Daniel a background was the fun part.  I had to give him a history that involved the Varson brothers, as well as a motive for killing.  In a future blog I will go into detail about his connection to the Varsons, but this is about him.
  I don't know where it was that I read that pigs are good swimmers, but that got me thinking.  In the Bible, when Jesus transferred Legion out of the man and into the herd of 2,000 pigs, they all ran down a hill and into some water and supposedly drowned.  Well, if they were such good swimmers, why the heck would they drown like that?  What if, after Jesus left, the owner of the herd went down to see his pigs and became possessed by Legion?
  Okay, well, since Legion was in a whole herd of 2,000 pigs, it would only be one of the demons who actually possessed the pigherder.  It might then become his obsession to regain the full company of his Legion of demons.  My idea is that he killed his first victim the day Jesus was crucified.  Then, every year on the anniversary of that day, he killed one more person.  Once he reached two thousand, he would be at his full strength.  Supposing that Jesus was around 33 when he was crucified, that would make it about 2033 when Legion was able to be his worst.  Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment