Thursday, August 29, 2013

Of Love And Frogs

  A few blogs ago, I mentioned to you an incident in which I was challenged by my inner voice to look for a depiction of a sombrero and I found one exactly where I was told I would.  I started to open my eyes to the world around me which I had always just let pass me by without notice.  Well, since then, there has been a chain of depictions I've been challenged to find.  After the sombrero I was to look for a depiction of frogs.  My latest challenge is to find a starfish.  I'm told that the point is not to find the things I am looking for, the point is to look.  Seeing a frog or a starfish will do nothing to enhance my life, but looking for them everywhere I go will get me closer to living in the moment of now.  It also keeps me away from being focused on the negative feelings of fear and guilt.
  Guilt is something you feel about things from the past.  Fear is something you feel about things in the future.  Having a seeking, questioning attitude is something that keeps you firmly grounded in the present.  What's this?  Where's that?  Why did that happen?  I lost my questioning attitude a long time ago.  When I was in kindergarten, my teacher told the class to get into a line to go to lunch.  I had no idea what that meant.  I saw all the other kids go stand in an area so I went to stand with them.  When we were supposed to start moving forward, I had no idea which way was forward because to me it was just a bunch of children standing around.  The guy behind me got frustrated and shouted out, "Go, God!"  I started walking in the same direction that all the other kids were going in.  That night, when I was with my dad, I asked him what a line was.  He pulled out a piece of paper and a pencil and drew a line.  That was no help.
  In the second grade, a boy on the school bus said, "I can't wait until the day is through because tomorrow there's no school!"  I was completely dumbfounded.  I was even more amazed when his prediction came true.  To me, sometimes I went to school and sometimes I didn't.  There was absolutely no way to know when I would go and when I wouldn't.  This kid was magic!  I asked my mom how this kid knew we weren't going to school.  She told me, "Because it's the weekend."  That was no help.  Eventually, I just stopped asking questions.
  Anyway, another thing that my inner voice has pointed out to me recently is that I can use my hands in a very spiritual way.  I've always known that I have healing hands.  My mother had the same energy.  I've been told by several people that I should get into Reiki or acupressure or some other profession with my healing hands.  Anyway, I've been told that if I consciously put out my energy as highly as possible, it can reach everyone in the world at the same time.  This is another challenge to me.  How often will I care enough about healing the world that I will make a conscious choice to do something about it?  It's a symbolic question.  It's meant to pull me out of my selfish self-absorbed attitude and think about the people, animals and plants around me.  This is basically the same challenge as the seeking.  One challenge helps me notice the world, one helps me to care about it.
  If I keep sharpening my observational skills, giving healing and love to the world and living in the moment of now, all my imperfections will simply melt away.  My mantra is, "Love now."  That's what life is all about.  How can I give the highest amount of love at this moment?  It's like a chess game.  I need to know how all the pieces work in order to make the best moves.  Only then can I hope to win.  Up until now, I've only ever made use of my pawns.  It's time to realize the full power I have on my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment