Wednesday, December 29, 2010

No Point

  My wife and I watched that movie The Book of Eli a little while back.  The bad guy struck me as a little incompetent.  Or at least, not very resourceful.  Now here's what I mean: at the end, he finds out that the Bible Eli has been carrying around is in braille.  Okay, so what?  Big deal.  He acts like it's the end of the world and there's nothing he can do.  Ever heard of the Rosetta Stone?  All you have to do is take Book 1, chapter 1, verse 1 and translate even just the first sentence.  He claims he had a passing familiarity with the Bible.  Does he not even know "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the Earth."?  With that he'd have the letters: ABCDE_GHI_ _ _ _NO_ _RST_V_ _ _ _.  That would certainly be enough to translate the next sentence in which he would learn the braille symbols for FKLMPUWY.  All he'd need then is JQXZ.  It's not rocket science.  How's he planning to rule the people through fear if he has such a pitiful knowledge of his most valuable weapon?
  Here's an interesting side note.  Out of curiosity, my wife and I went to Match.com.  We took the personality survey with all the questions about how you think and what you like, etc.  We found that we are perfectly matched for each other, down to the T.  The Chinese Zodiac says that we're not compatible because she's a dog and I'm a dragon.  This is based merely on the fact that we were born six years apart form each other.  Who to believe: a website made by strangers or 1 billion Chinese with millenia of history?
  Speaking of the Chinese, I myself am half Chinese and half Korean.  Regardless of that fact, I am not considered by most people to be a biracial individual.  Kayla is half German and half Polish, but she isn't considered to be biracial either.  She's not even considered foreign in any way.  She's white and I'm Asian.  That's what people see.  Do I have a point?  No, not really.  I'm just blabbering.

No comments:

Post a Comment