Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Plot Twists

  As a sailor, I've got to tell you, being on a submarine has its ups and downs.  This one guy at boot camp sat next to me at lunch one day.  He told me, "I had a friend who's uncle was an admiral in World War II.  He was in charge of an entire fleet of destroyers."  He went on to tell me that his fleet was decisive to the outcome of an important naval battle.  I was taken aback.  I said, "Wow!  You had a friend?"
  When I'm considering story ideas, I have several topics I'm fascinated with: zombies, vampires, ghosts, aliens, poltergeists, time travel, cyborgs, alternate universes, mythology, viruses, other dimensions, the future, biblical stories, spirituality, astral projection, psychics, ecto-plasm, hypnosis, clones, twins, science, EVPs, multiple personality disorder, animals, God and dreams, to name a few.  Any story can be made more interesting by throwing in some combination of these elements in a fresh and interesting way.  That's how I come up with some of my plot twists which I love to try to have in every story.
  These are all just things that have occupied my imagination all my life.  My wife and I love visiting cemeteries and locales that are said to be haunted.  When we were in Connecticut, there was a haunted lighthouse that, unfortunately, we were unable to visit.  We were, however, able to go to Salem, Massachusetts.  That was awesome!  We got lots of photos.  One of our hobbies is to capture photos of spiritual orbs.  We've got tons.  We also try to get EVPs.  That seems to be more difficult than orbs.  We've also each seen tons of ghosts.  One of these days, I'll tell you some of my ghost stories, including one I saw while deployed on board the USS Wyoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment