Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Six Shooter

  My wife and I were watching Ghost one night with Patrick Swayze (before he died).  When that scene came where Demi Moore tells him she loves him, I giggled like a hyena.  I was thinking to myself that it's a good thing it was the ditto that became the popular form of copying used in the saying meaning, 'I would like the same thing back to you'.  I mean, could you imagine that scene with Demi saying, "I love you," and Patrick telling Whoopi, "Tell her, Gutenberg (or daguerreotype, Xerox, lithograph, etc.)."?  It would kinda ruin the romantic mood of the scene, at least in my mind.
  Speaking of movies, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies of all time.  Once, after watching it, I came up with an idea for a story in which a man wakes up in the burned out ruins of an old office building.  He has no memory of how he got there.  He has on him only the clothes on his back and a six shooter.  With various threats that he finds while exploring his surroundings, he uses the handgun to protect himself.  The only problem is, every time he discharges the sixth bullet, he wakes up again in that building.  In order to figure more out, he must find alternate ways to protect himself.
  That reminds me of a story I wrote in high school where a man wakes up wearing a watch that has a countdown on it.  What's going to happen when the countdown reaches the zero hour?  You know, my ultimate dream would be to have my stories made into movies in which I act and Chief Loh does the music.  I'd even love to do the screenplay and direct if I could.  That would be the highest of coolness!

No comments:

Post a Comment