Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Flooding

  Monsoon season started yesterday.  We found out the hard way that our house is the lowest part of the property we're on.  The surrounding street is about eight inches higher than our foundation and the landscape in the back yard is also higher.  Someone's bright idea was to build our house in the middle of a funnel.  I tried to dig a trench to drain the water away from our back door.  The water was about a half inch from coming into the house!  My hands are all torn up from the shoveling.
  On a brighter note, my in-laws invited us to celebrate our Independence Day at the DAV.  There were a lot of really nice people there.  My mother-in-law helped me sign up to become a member of the DAV and they paid for my membership!  I was blown away.
  Recently a friend of mine I've known since I was three years old accepted my friend request on Facebook.  Other than family, he's known me longer than anyone in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment