Saturday, July 2, 2011

Take A Chill Pill

  There was a 'House' rerun yesterday about a lady with psychopathy as a symptom.  Her behavior caused me to look up psychopathy on wikipedia.  There was a checklist of various signs of having that affliction and I fit almost everyone of those signs.  I'll have to ask my psychiatrist to actually administer a test for that so it's not just my wife and my opinion, but a documented fact.  Maybe then I can get the proper help I need.
  On a related note, we've noticed that my manic episodes in the past and again the other day, coincided with me taking a 'Ginseng Energy Now' dietary supplement.  The ingredients are: Eleuthero, Guarana Seed, Yerba Mate, Taurine, Ashwagandha, Ginkgo Biloba, Korean Ginseng, Suma, Ho Shou Wu, Echinacea, Goldenseal, Gotu Kola and Green Tea.  Any one of those might be reacting badly with my Depakote or with my natural chemical make-up.  Kayla thought it would be a good idea for me to put out a warning on my blog so that anyone out there who is taking Depakote should be aware of a possible negative side-effect of also taking the ginseng pills.
  The doctors have given me three types of medication, all of which they just call Depakote.  One is Valproic Acid, one is Divalproex Sodium and the last is just called Depakote.  The pattern that we've noticed is that it makes me more easily irritable.  The more ignorance we obliterate together, the closer to the truth we all get.

No comments:

Post a Comment