Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Saint Andre

  As you know, I'm always dedicated to telling you about good new foods that I find to eat.  Saint Andre is a cheese I found at Publix.  It describes itself as a 'heavenly triple cream cheese from France'.  I don't know about all that, but it is really good with a bag of chips.  I got me some barbecue flavored potato chips, the Great Value brand and ate that with the cheese.
  The mixture of flavors is sublime.  The saltiness of the chips undercuts the tanginess of the cheese.  Alone, the cheese was a bit too overwhelmingly sharp in flavor, but with the barbecue, it cut down on the musty undertones.  The moldy outer layer of the cheese was my favorite part.  It was contrasted with the sharply tangy flavor of the creamy inner part.

No comments:

Post a Comment