Sunday, April 3, 2011

Klaatu Barada Nikto

  I'm never sure if what I'm saying on my blog is new or original or creative.  You've probably heard in a billion other places this bit of trivia which I think is interesting.  What do the movies 'Return of the Jedi' and 'Army of Darkness' have in common?  Of course, you know the answer is that they both pay homage to 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' (the original, not the remake).
  In that movie, the alien tells a lady what to tell Gort, the big robot.  "Klaatu barada nikto".  Then in 'Return of the Jedi' in Jabba's palace, there are three guards with the names: Klaatu, Barada and Nikto.  Of course, in 'Army of Darkness' the magic words Ash has to say when he takes the Necronomicon are "Klaatu barada nikto', which he bumbles up, bringing to life the titled army of darkness.  I'm only putting this into a blog for those of you (myself included) who have not seen this written anywhere else and didn't notice it on their own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment