Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Hierarchy of Solidity

  In the Nocent books, the Collective have bodies comprised of water.  I know it's been done before, but this water moves quickly, not like the Dominion in Deep Space Nine or like the T-1000 in the Terminator movies.  Anyway, having liquid bodies has given them a unique religion.  It's called the Hierarchy of Sypraxus.  Sypraxus is the ability to change at will between the various forms of matter.  The idea started back in college when I noticed that the more solid something is, the less of it we need to survive.  We can go for weeks without food, days without water, minutes without air and no time at all without our spirit.
  I called the concept the hierarchy of solidity.  That concept sat on a shelf collecting dust for years until I came up with the Collective.  In their religion, the more faith you have, the more ethereal you can become.  The Nocent view this hierarchy the opposite way.  They see strength in solidity.  That is why they want to come to Earth to use solid humans to defeat their enemy, the Collective.
  Oddly enough, I found that many cultures around the world address the topic of solidity.  Most have something like earth, wind, water and fire as their representations of the forms of matter.  As I've meditated and contemplated these concepts, I've discovered more truths that resonate within my inner being.  It was this spiritual story that allowed my little idea of a zombie/vampire war to become an epic five-book story which is what I believe I was put on this Earth to write.  Orson Scott Card has his Ender series, JK Rowling has her Harry Potter books, George Lucas has Star Wars, George Romero has the ...of the Dead series and I have the Nocent.  I feel blessed to have found the meaning of my life.
  I love sharing this blessing with you, my readers.  This is my voyage of self-discovery.  As a matter of fact, this blog has been quite a road for me so far.  It started out as a way to tell people about my stories, but I've touched upon my love for music, food, spirituality, fried chicken, movies, books and my family life.  I struggle with issues of hatred and anger.  I used to hate everyone except my family.  Now, whenever I'm angry, I think about my readers all over the world and I find it difficult to hate people the way I used to.  I don't feel so alone and hopeless anymore.  It also helps that I have the most amazing wife in the world!
  Before I end this blog, I wanted to mention that I plan to publish both this blog and the Nocent book eventually.  This website has a Blog2Print feature which allows you to put out a hard cover or paperback version of your blog.  The Nocent book is obviously a novel, but this blog is turning out to be pretty much my autobiography.  After I have put out the entire Nocent part 2, I'll start putting out part 3, then so on and so forth with the rest of my books.  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment