Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Superb Owl

  My wife and I don't watch sports, but I was just looking around my office at all the flyers for Superbowl XLV.  It struck me as humorous that in five years they'll be having Superbowl L.  Most people are used to the Roman numerals X, V, I and M, but L and C aren't as well known.  Ask anyone on the street what they stand for and you'll see some funny facial expressions!  How is the NFL gonna make a damn L look cool and recognizable as a Roman numeral?
  You ever notice that there are different actions you take to prepare the different meals of the day?  In general, you fix breakfast, make lunch and cook dinner.  Speaking of cooking, Kayla cooks an excellent potato dish.  She puts some oil in a pan, then puts in some cut-up onions.  She cooks those for a few minutes then throws in thinly sliced new potatoes.  She peppers and salts it to taste.  The last thing she throws in is some fresh baby spinach.  Stir that around until the spinach wilts.  Serve it up while it's nice and hot!  I tell you, if America went through a potato famine, me and mine are up and moving to Ireland.  Kayla's such a good cook!  I love that woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment