Sunday, January 16, 2011

Worthy Sequels

  Bologna is the best thing since sliced bread.  Everybody sing together now, "My bologna has a first name.  It's S-T-O-R-E.  My bologna has a second name.  It's B-R-A-N-D."  You know how they have Easy Cheese that you spray out of a bottle onto crackers or whatever?  My twisted Asian brain came up with the concept of Easy Bologna.  Imagine a bologna sandwich in 3 seconds flat!  I could make millions.
  What I really wanted to talk about was Lost Boys: The Tribe.  It was with hesitant trepidation (as opposed to embrazened trepidation?) that I fired up that flick on Netflix.  I tell you what, that movie pleasantly surpassed my expectations for it.  Kayla said the same thing.  The music was good, so was the story line and the acting.  You could tell that whoever made that sequel, obviously liked the original.  This wasn't just someone out to make a fast buck by capitalizing on a known franchise.  Anyway, I also have Lost Boys: The Thirst in my queue.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  In my experience, most sequels just don't live up to the original.  Some exceptions are the Back to the Future trilogy, Aliens, the Resident Evil sequels, Army of Darkness, Star Wars episodes V and VI, and the Nocent books (Your Honor, I object!  Insufficient evidence.  Objection sustained.).  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject of sequels.

No comments:

Post a Comment