Friday, January 14, 2011

Music and Dreams

  I was just listening on  my mp3 player to some Leadbelly.  He's one of my favorite blues artists.  He was actually quite influential in the rock world.  Lots of people have covered "Goodnight Irene".  The Animals did a version of "House of the Rising Sun".  By the way, that song was the first song I ever attempted at karaoke.  A little too challenging for a beginner.  Nirvana did a cover of "In the Pines".  My favorite song by Huddie Ledbetter was "John Hardy".  Another one I like is "When I Was a Cowboy".
  Yesterday, Kayla and I were on itunes getting some music.  I got "Better Days" by Eddie Vedder from the Eat Pray Love soundtrack, "Let It Be Me" by the Everly Brothers, "Cherish" by the Association, "Working My Way Back To You" by the Four Seasons, "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones and "Jerry Was a Racecar Driver" by Primus.  As you can tell, I was in the mood for rock & roll.
  Last night I kept having dreams that our apartment is haunted.  I was seeing ghosts in the bathroom mirror, hearing voices from under the bed and couldn't turn a light on to save my life.  At one point, I looked at my reflection in the mirror and my irises had turned black.  Doors were closing all by themselves, objects were moving around.  It was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment