Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hand of Karma part 4

  I just wrote part 4 of Hand of Karma today.  After I put it out, I walked the dogs.  During that walk I realized that I merely mentioned an entire story's worth of material in a few sentences.  I realize that at a future time I must write out the saga of what happened at Xi' an.  Their story must be told.
  I don't remember if I've already told you this or not, but I'm thinking once I've written the stories of the Greater Number, I'll publish the whole thing as a novel or a collection of short stories.  It's funny how I've spent years working on the Nocent stories, but this story just dropped in my lap and it seems to be turning out pretty well so far.  I'm interested in seeing where it goes.  The spontaneity of it is invigorating!
  Sometimes I look back at it and see big mistakes and inconsistencies, but that's all part of the fun of it.  I mean, I honestly thought there was a segment of the Great Wall in Xi' an, but when I looked at the map, I realized my mistake.  That's when I made up the part about the bus ride from Shaanxi, where the nearest segment of wall is. Well, anyway, I'll try to be more careful in the future with my geography and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment