Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Script Shark

  At work today I had a conversation with a man who has written several scripts.  He's also appeared in a couple of movies.  He told me about a website called scriptshark.com.  On that site, they will put your script out to be read and considered for being made into a movie.  It sounds like it's just up my alley!  When I got home I checked it out.  It seems that anything they would do for you comes with quite a hefty price tag.  The only thing that's free would be the actual putting out of your script.  I guess, that will be a site I go to once I've learned how to write a script.  There are probably plenty of websites out there that can help me with that.  I've got tons of stories that I could turn into scripts.
  I'm finding out a lot about my writing abilities with the Greater Number stories I'm writing.  I can see what I need to work on and what my strengths are.  I know I have a lot of good ideas, I just have trouble fleshing them out fully using descriptions and other writing techniques.  It's almost like I'm putting out the stories as a draft to be refined before having them put into print.
  Orson Scott Card often mentions a website called hatrack.com or something like that.  I'll have to check that out.  He usually thanks people on that website for helping him refine his stories before he publishes them. I don't know if that's his own site or a general site that any writer can go to for help.  I hope it doesn't cost money.  As a matter of fact, I'm going over there as soon as I publish this blog.
  I'm adding this after having posted the blog already, but I just wanted to mention that hatrack.com is Orson's website.  I added it as a link in 'My Favorite Authors'.

No comments:

Post a Comment