Saturday, May 28, 2011

Another Writer

I just wrote an email to a zombie novelist who is one of my favorites.  I have one paper copy of a book of his and two more of his books on Kindle.  He is one of my favorite zombie writers.  Here is the body of the email I wrote to him:

  The first book of yours I read was 'Dead City'.  It opened my eyes to the emotional potential of a zombie story.  I myself am a zombie novelist.  I've been inspired by the depth of characters in your stories.  I always strive to find human stories in my tales no matter how horrific the action is. Part of that comes from having read your books and I thank you for that.  You've helped to show me that zombie fiction has literary respectability.  I'm constantly on the search for more books that have the same heartfelt reality mixed with gore and mayhem.  If you ever had the time, I would really appreciate it if you would visit my blog site at necrolepsy.blogspot.com.  Thank you for your time in even reading my email to you.

Sincerely,
Paul Loh aka 'Zombie Killer'
 
  I just checked my Yahoo account and found that he had written back to me which is so cool!  Here's the body of what he said back:
 
Paul,
 
Thanks for the kind words, man!  I appreciate that.  I just checked out your blog and it looks like you and Kayla are some pretty neat people.  Some really good content there.  Thanks again for taking the time to write to me, and for letting me know how much you've enjoyed my stories.  This made my day!
 
Joe
  I've been really blessed lately to make connections with so many people who are already doing what I would love to do with me life.  To top it all off, Kayla has recently bumped into someone who has already been to India and helped Tibetan refugees.  This is such an amazing time in our lives and I know that nothing happens by coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment