Friday, June 10, 2011

Astral Projection

  One of my favorite Three Fish songs is 'Found A Widow' from their second album, 'The Quiet Table'.  As you may know, Three Fish was the side project of Jeff Ament, the bassist for Pearl Jam.  Anyway, this song is about astral projection.  In this song, the singer can go where he chooses.  I don't have that kind of control.
  Sometimes in dreams I go places that my wife and I believe are real either in this world/dimension or wherever. Since I'm a very lucid dreamer, I'm able to explore my surroundings and experience them with all five of my senses.  As often as possible, I try to find something to eat in those dreams.
  Anyway, right before I woke up this morning I had one of those dreams.  This one was unusual though in that I was interacting with someone.  Normally I'm alone.  I think I jumped into someone else's body like in the Three Fish song.  The dream started with me in a college dorm room.  I was naked.  There was a college girl there.  I had the feeling that I had talked my way into being with her.
  She began to take her clothes off and as she did, she said, "I guess I'm supposed to take my clothes off 'cause that's what they always do."  By this I think she meant that's what she'd seen in movies.  I could tell that the body I had jumped into had been with women willy nilly, but that the girl had had nil willy.  I felt bad for her and I looked her in the eyes and said, "I know that for you, you're not just taking off your clothes, but you're bearing a piece of your soul to me.  But to me, you're just getting naked.  I wish I felt the same way right now that you do.  I wish this was as special to me as it is to you.  You deserve to be with someone who is going to treat you as special as you are."  By this time, she was crying and then I woke up.
  When I woke up, I told the dream to my wife and she said it was sweet what I tried to do for the girl.  I just hope that if she really is out there somewhere, she didn't have sex with that guy and that she'll find someone who loves her.  Someone who will appreciate it when she bears her soul to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment