Thursday, June 9, 2011

Napoleon Strolls

  The other day I went to the Cox store to return our old modem.  I thought it was quite humorous that it was right next to a restaurant called Jimmy Johns.  There might as well have been a Dick's Sporting Goods on the other side.  In Georgia, there was a restaurant named Dick's Wings.  When I first heard about it, I thought it was a gay bar.  It wasn't until I saw it spelled out that I realized my mistake.
  Anyway, my wife and I have come up with a new way of referring to walking our dog.  We call it a Napoleon Stroll.  You see, when we say the words 'out', 'go' or 'walk' he always knows what we're talking about.  Even if we spell any of those words he knows.  The other day, when we were walking him, we commented on the fact that he pees on everything we pass.  That marks his territory.  We figure he needs to let every dog know who's boss because he's so small and has a Napoleon complex.
  He's already shown himself to have a rather large vocabulary, as well as some knowledge of spelling.  My guess was that his knowledge of history and psychology terminology are fairly limited so we started calling our walks Napoleon Strolls and so far he seems to have no clue what we're talking about or else he might want to pick that bone apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment