Tuesday, June 7, 2011

White Meat Chicken

  They're showing 'My So Called Life' on cable right now.  That's when I first found admiration for the acting abilities of Claire Danes back in the mid-nineties.  You ever notice how in TV dinners and everything, they always boast about being made with white meat chicken?  I've always found white meat chicken to be too dry and tough and less flavorful than dark meat chicken.  And no, the color has nothing to do with it.  This isn't a metaphor for nothin', I mean this literally.  There's nothing wrong with white people.  Gosh, I should just quit while I'm ahead.
  On the subject of chicken, my kids had gotten me a shirt years ago for Father's Day that says, "This is what the world's greatest Asian dad looks like."  Now I do realize, it doesn't necessarily mean I'm the greatest Asian dad. I just look like him (you know, since we all allegedly look alike).  I'm sure I'm the greatest Asian dad that they have.  That's one of my treasured accomplishments in life.  That and eating dark meat chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment