Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Coming True!

  As we speak, I'm watching the TV show, 'Sunday Morning' on CBS.  They're running a piece on the booming fried chicken business in China!  KFC is such a thriving phenomenon that a new one is opening up in China every 18 hours!  Kayla says we should send our son there where he'd definitely be able to get a job.  Gosh, the Chinese really do love their fried chicken.  A guy over there even wrote a book about it called, 'KFC In China'. When I saw that piece on CBS, I was so excited, I had to turn on the computer to shoot out a blog about it.
  When I was in the Navy, there was a cafeteria in the building I worked in.  I didn't always have a lot of cash on me, but a chicken thigh was just about a buck so I'd often have that for lunch.  People around the office got used to seeing me noshing on a piece of fried chicken.  When I was on my way to the cafeteria they'd ask me if I was about to get some more chicken.  I started to joke about, "Well, you know the Chinese and their fried chicken." One day one of my coworkers repeated that line when someone else asked about me and my chicken.  I told them that I had started my own stereotype.  Now it's not just a stereotype, it's a verified fact.  Of course, the Barenaked Ladies had their song 'One Week' in which is the line, "Chickity China, the Chinese chicken / Have a drumstick and your brain stops ticking."

No comments:

Post a Comment