Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Movie Hero

  We were watching the pilot episode of 'My So-Called Life' on Netflix when the song 'Everybody Hurts' by REM came on.  It made both of us cry immediately because we both had cried years ago when we first heard it.  My reason for crying was that my mother was suicidal at the time and I bought the album for her so that I could let her hear that song.  Little things like that remind me that I do love my blood relatives.
  After that, we watched a movie called 'The Movie Hero'.  As silly as it is at times, it makes a very good point. We are each other's audiences and we are our own audiences.  We can choose to be the hero or the villain in our movie.  Kayla brought up a very good point that it is like what God said in 'Conversations With God' by Neale Donald Walsch.  We are all experiencing life for God.  Every tragedy and triumph is God's and our own. We are all God's eyes, hands, etc.  Good shit, man.

No comments:

Post a Comment