Sunday, June 19, 2011

Boy Was That Embarrassing!

  I did it!  If you've been following me on Twitter, Facebook or paul-loh.blogspot.com, you'd know that I wrote six chapters of 'The Greater Number' to finish it today.  I sent it off via email to Sinister Press.  Of course, if you look at the title of this blog, you'll notice that all didn't go smoothly.
  Here's what happened.  I was fixing myself something to eat after I submitted my manuscript when something occurred to me.  I had the main bad guy, Hadji just kinda slip off into the background during the last chapter.  I forgot to write anything about what happened to him.  Oops!
  I went back to the blog.  Eight people had already read it, but worse, I had sent the flawed copy to the publishing company.  Yikes!  I wrote a scene depicting what I hope to be an appropriate conclusion to his reign of terror.  I fixed the blog and then logged on to Yahoo and wrote an apology to the publishers and uploaded the amended copy of the manuscript.
  If this book really does get published, that'll be one heck of a story to tell the grand kids.  "Grandpa sent the book off to the publishers without an end.  Now how about some ice cream?"

No comments:

Post a Comment