Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Antidisestablishmentarianismistically Challenged

  If I had a nickel every time I was supposed to have a dime, I'd be twice as poor right now (or half as rich, whichever is the glass-half-full way of looking at it).  I was down to two boxes of shred left to do when one of the office ladies brought me three more and the mail room gave me some as well.  Oh well, it's better than making Nikes for Kathy Lee Gifford.  Give me a shredder and a taco and I can do anything.  Of course, I could do it without the taco, but what fun would that be?
  Yes we have a separation of church and state, but what about temple and state, mosque and state or Star Trek convention and state?  Actually, I'm kinda glad for the latter.  Could you imagine President Jean Luc Picard or Secretary of State Odo?  But seriously, folks, I think it's a good thing that we keep our affairs of state and our spirituality separate.  That goes along with the very healthy policy of freedom of religion.
  I don't know shit about politics, but I guess I'm just glad we're not forced to practice any particular religion.  Did you know in China you could be killed just for following Falun Dafa?  I know what you're thinking: who the fuck is Falun Dafa?  Shit, I don't know.  My only point is, he or she might be kinda cool.  I have no idea.  But if I wanted to follow this particular deity, it feels good to know that in this country I'd be able to.  Them damn Chinese also persecute Tibet.  If I want to seek the wisdom of a dolly or a llama, I'm glad I can do it here.  By the way, if anyone ever happens to ask you what the longest word in the English language is, don't you go quoting the title of this blog.  I just made that shit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment