Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hunter's Chicken

  When I saw Alien vs. Predator I laughed my head off at the scene where the European dude is describing the Hunter's Moon.  Something about cacciatore luna or whatever.  I was like, "Dude, if cacciatore means 'hunter' then Chicken Cacciatore means 'hunter's chicken'!"  Boy, I get amusement out of the strangest things.
  Speaking of food, one of the most beautiful commercials I ever was was for Crisco Oil.  In it, there was a family who was enjoying some time together at home.  They conversed, laughed and ate together in the background while a female voice-over extolled the virtues of the product.  The beauty part of it was that one of the children appeared to have Down's Syndrome, but not a single word of this was mentioned.  This was just a normal family like in a Norman Rockwell painting.  Makes me wanna cry just writing about it.  Maybe one of these days I can be a well-rounded, law-abiding, tax-paying citizen who contributes to society in a positive way.  Well, okay, I do already pay taxes, but you know what I mean.  Crisco gives me something to dream about, believe in and work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment