Friday, February 18, 2011

The Nocent In Space

  You ever notice how, when a series has gone on for a while they either end up in New York (or some other big city) or in space?  Leprechaun in Space, Hellraiser in Space, Jason Takes Manhattan, Muppets Take Manhattan, Jason X (in space), Star Trek 4 (in San Francisco, I think), Babe: Pig In The City, Muppets in Space.  I wonder why that is?  I'm sure you can think of dozens of other examples of this phenomenon.  This was just what I could come up with on the top of my head.
  Anyway, I was watching a documentary called, 'His Name Was Jason' on Netflix and something struck me as an interesting (to me anyway) point.  The original Friday the 13th movie is almost the exact opposite story from Alfred Hitchcock's 'Psycho'.  In one, you have a son who channels his dead mother and kills people.  In the other, you have a mother who channels her dead son and kills people.  This point has probably been made a million times before, but it hit me for the first time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment